YOUR COMPETITORS ARE DOING IT, WHY AREN’T YOU?
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ASKING YOURSELF ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING:
- Is everyone doing it? Think of all the sites you visit, of all the shopping you do online; do those companies have a social media presence – are they keeping it up to date?
- Are people talking behind your back? If you have a social media presence that is poorly updated or not actively maintained, are there users out there giving you poor reviews? Are you responding to them on those same sites? How does that reflect on your business and your brand?
- Will I gain any business from my social media sites? That depends on the industry; however, you can most certainly turn business away if your social media presence looks like a broken down Pinto from the ‘70s. It’s not necessarily that social media will bring business to the door – but it could be turning people away without you ever knowing it.
- I bet your office or store front looks amazing; why did you do that? Probably because you want your business to portray a certain image. Why not place the same weight on your online presence – the one that the ENTIRE WORLD sees?
- When was the last time you used a phone book to find a vendor or service? Odds are, it’s been several years. Having a social media presence helps boost your search result rankings on places like Google.
SOCIAL THAT WILL GET YOUR BRAND NOTICED!
THE REASONS YOU NEED SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING:
- Helps search engine rankings: Helps you rank higher in the search engines like Google!
- Validates your brand: The younger generations look poorly upon businesses that don’t have a social media presence; almost as if they are not a reputable business if they do not have one.
- Check Ins = free advertising: “Check Ins” advertise to a customer’s friends or followers that they patronize your business! That’s free advertising.
- Advertise to your core audience: When someone follows your business, you get a solid core of people who become your captive audience. This allows you to advertise directly to them on an ongoing basis.
- Referrals happen all the time: Thousands of referrals happen every day on social media. People rely on reviews and suggestions from friends when looking for everything from a handyman to a doctor or dentist.Wouldn’t it be nice if they could just tag your business?
- Both good and bad reviews can help you: You know that good reviews can help business tremendously. But even bad reviews provide an opportunity for great customer service. If you respond quickly and effectively to bad reviews on your social media pages, visitors will see that you really care about your customers.
- Push a certain product or service: The great part about having an audience of existing and past customers is the ability to push products or services to them at times that benefit your business.
- Stay in touch with your customers: the more your clients see or hear from you, the more likely they are to give you repeat business. You’re helping to keep that relationship alive.
- Poorly updated social media can harm you: Many brands think that it’s good enough to simply have a social media page. However, having one that is updated sporadically or with poor content gives your brand an outdated or uncaring look. Not to mention certain content performs better than others.
- Your competitors are doing it: Be certain that your competitors are doing it. Fortunately, you can probably do it better – but are you?
- Reach New Customers: An active social media presence allows you to reach more potential customers in a fast, personal, and effective way.