A business’ technology is by all measures a part of its inventory, and as such, it needs to be tracked. Let’s consider why in more detail, and how to do so properly.
Here’s the thing: technology maintenance takes much more than occasionally scanning for a virus or updating a firewall. To truly get the most value out of your IT, you need to have a deeper insight into the role each component plays in your overall strategy and a record to track these insights for later use.
Furthermore, you need to handle your infrastructure as well, tracking everything and how well it functions to ensure your productivity never lags.
Referring back to the record you keep, your documentation should include a few things:
- All network-attached devices you have, from your networking devices to every company-owned endpoint and peripheral that attaches to it.
- The proper configuration for each of these devices.
- The date that each of these devices was installed.
- The licenses that your business needs to maintain, and the status of the ones you have.
- A comprehensive history of any service each of these devices has received.
This kind of documentation gives whoever is in charge of your IT, in-house admin or managed service provider like us, a clearer path to follow in terms of your strategy. That way, time, energy, and capital can all be used to your greatest advantage over time.
We do this for our clients—it helps us keep our costs as low as possible and ensure that the work that we do is efficient and effective.
If you want to find out more about how IT services can bring you considerable benefits, give Fuse Technology Group a call at 248.545.0800.